Side Door is a Canadian tech startup that serves as an online booking and ticketing platform, giving audiences instant access to intimate and unique events happening right in their neighborhood.
Internally, our matchmaking system incentivizes people to turn their private homes, businesses or alternative venues into stages and then matches them with touring artists and performers. We then manage the ticketing in a fair and transparent way.
The premise is simple…
1. Just about any kind of space can be a venue (home, loft, barn, art gallery, laundromat, park, cafe, etc)
2. Emerging entertainers need access to:
• Gigs in intimate venues that cater to a more memorable and connective experience for artist/audience alike
• A more efficient business model that eliminates overhead and allows performers to earn a living
3. Audiences deserve a more transparent experience when it comes to concerts and ticketing, and audiences in remote communities should be able to entice all kinds of culture to perform for them locally.