1. Make sure you're logged in to Side Door! (Haven’t done that before? Click here)
2. Make sure you’ve selected the profile you’d like to find connections for! You can swap profiles by clicking on your profile icon at the top right of the screen to open the menu.
3. Hosts, Presenters, and Artists can click on Discover in the Manage tab to get started.
4. Use the search bar, dropdown menu, and checkboxes provided to determine who you are interested in connecting with! (more detailed instructions can be accessed in the articles linked below)
5. Click on Message to indicate your interest in connecting with another user.
6. After you’ve messaged a user about their profile, they will receive a notification of your desire to connect. You don’t need to do anything else for now.
If the notification bell at the top right of your screen is lit up, you may have potential connection requests waiting to be reviewed! (There are a few other places incoming requests show up, including the top left of the Discover page and the main Dashboard page)
7. Clicking on the notification bell opens your inbox, which displays any incoming connection requests. These are artists/hosts/presenters that have requested to connect with you, which you have not reviewed yet. Click on the View All Potential Matches button to view them!
8. If you’re interested in the user that has requested to connect with you, click on Accept to be connected with them! This opens a chat thread in the Connections page which puts you in direct contact with the other user and allows you to begin the booking process at any point (more info on that here). The other user will also be notified that you have responded positively!
9. Not feeling any of your connection requests? No problem - click on the X button to remove the request from your screen - the other party isn’t notified and will have to wait a while before being able to attempt to connect with you again.
PS. Are you an Artist searching for Spaces to perform? Do you want to indicate to Spaces where you'll be and when to get boosted in user's search results accordingly? Click here to learn more about the Schedule Builder function!