When you are looking at your calendar to plan a tour or one-off shows, you can broadcast your availability to hosts in target regions by using pins in the Schedule Builder feature on the Side Door platform.
Your Artist Profile will be prioritized for visibility to the hosts, hosts within that area will be able to view your availability when searching, AND all hosts within the radius you’ve set will receive an email alerting them of your availability.
The Schedule Builder is an efficient tool for broadcasting your tour plans and availability in target regions!
First, you must create a user account and Artist profile on the Side Door website. If you have already done this - great!
1. Sign in to your account, and select the Artist profile by hovering on your icon at the top right corner of the browser and selecting the relevant Artist profile.
2. You will land in your Artist Dashboard. Click on ‘Schedule’ in the pink-shaded menu banner at the top (it’s in between Online Shows and Sales). The ‘Schedule’ button will be bolded when you are successfully in the Schedule Builder.
3. The Schedule Builder shows a map. Once you have pins, they will appear on the map. You can move the map by holding down the cursor, and double click on the map to zoom in. When you are ready to select a location, click on the button ‘Add a pin’
4. To add a pin, enter the location of the place you are looking for a show (aka Toronto, ON or New York, NY.) You can search by city, address, postal code, airport etc. When the location appears in the drop down menu, select the ideal location to populate the field. You can set a radius up to 250km to widen your search in the area. Click Next.
5. Set the Date Range - When are you planning to be in that target location? You can give as little or as much time as possible. Choose a date range for your pin by clicking on the date field - a calendar will pop out for you to select the date. This range can begin and end on the same day if you have a firm availability, or can be many days if your schedule is flexible. If you are choosing one particular day, adjust both the beginning and end dates to be the same day. Once you have selected the beginning and end dates for your pin, click Save. A green banner will pop up at the bottom of the screen saying ‘Date saved successfully!’
6. Manage Schedule - you can come back to the Schedule at any time to edit your dates, in case anything changes with your plans. Or, if you have found a host and booked a show, you may want to come back and delete your pin. The Status of each dropped pin can also be viewed in the Manage Schedule page.